Life can be hard at times. We all will go through challenging, difficult, and distasteful things. Sometimes we will face circumstances and trials that will try to take us out! But the beauty of being a follower of Jesus is that He gives us principles and solutions to help get us through our difficult times. My walk with the Lord has been very challenging. I’ve been facing some extreme health issues. In the beginning of my walk with the LORD, I would want to quit and would say that it’s not worth following Him. But throughout the last year He has matured me and is maturing me, and I’ve realized that I’m only going through these difficult times because God has something special for me. Also, He had to remove some bad things out of my spirit, body, and soul and it required for me to go through some challenging times. Jesus helped me to remember four things when going through some things that I don’t like or would not have signed up for; and I thought that it would be a blessing to share with you, how you can overcome your problems without giving up and walking away from Him. I pray that these four things help you out a lot and I pray that they prepare you for your next obstacle or challenging time in life.
4 Things To Remember
1. The Promise of God. Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you, when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." There are many promises of God listed in His Holy Word to prepare you for your trials and tribulations. But one important promise to remember is that God is with you! Now it may not seem like God is with you because sometimes we think that a loving God will not allow us to go through anything bad or difficult, and that is a lie from the devil. God promises that whenever you are going through anything, He is right there! He will never leave us nor forsake us. He’s aware of our problems and He is always right in the midst of our problems. He will not let anything destroy you nor take you out! Here are a couple of subpoints to help you understand why He allow problems to come into your life.
- He wants to show you His awesome power and strength.
- He allows you to go through difficulty to test your faith.
- He allows you to go through difficulty to remove some bad habits out of your life.
- He allows you to go through difficulty to humble you and to prepare you for a great work that He is going to do through you!
But through it all, you and I need to remember that He is with us! If you don’t remember this, the devil will speak lies to you and if you listen to his lies this will cause you to stray away from God! God is with you!!!!
2. The People of God. Galatians 5:2 "Bear one anothers burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." When trials and difficulties come, me and you must remember that God does not want us to go through this alone. Even though He is with us, He has blessed all of us with the body of Christ. Now it may be difficult to find fellowship sometimes and people who will walk with you, but through prayer, God will lead you to at least one or two believers to help you. Are responsibility as children of God is to pray for one another, love one another, serve one another, and carry each other’s burdens! In the beginning of my walk, the devil would isolate me, and I wouldn’t call anyone nor want to be around no one. But God convicted me and spoke a clear word to me about the body of Christ. I now realize how important it is to stay connected to other believers. Another thing to remember is that we are ALL going through suffering and challenges. The entire world is, especially the followers of Christ. You are not the only one that is facing difficulty and challenges. Remember the people of God.
3. The Previous victories. Psalm 119:167 "My soul keeps your testimonies, and I love them exceedingly." When facing a troubling situation, you must remember all the times that God brought you out of your previous battles! He’s a God that remains the same! The same God that helped you in your past, is the same God that will help you out in your present! I know you can think of previous challenges when you didn’t know what to do in a situation, but somehow God showed up and worked it out!!! Meditate on your testimonies, and don’t let the devil influence you to think that God has left you, He’s still the same miracle working God!
4. The Power of Prayer and Praise. Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer(worship) and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." When difficulty come, and you don’t know what to do, the best thing to do is give God the glory, honor, and praise! He’s worthy of our worship and He is enthroned in the praises and prayers of His people! When you worship Him, anxieties, worry, fear, and frustration comes down! God ushers in His presence and you will experience His glory in a powerful way. He hears and answers the prayers of all His children. Those who have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord & Savior, have been made righteous in the sight of God. When you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord & Savior, God reconciled you back to Himself; and because of that, He is now able to hear your prayers and respond! So, remember to praise Him in all situations, and don’t forget to cry out to Him. He sees everything that you are going through, and He will respond!
If you do not remember these 4 important things, the devil will have a field day with you and he will do whatever he can to defeat you! Don’t let him! Respond with these four keys and you will get the victory every time! Be encouraged! God bless you. P.s. If you are not a follower of Jesus Christ, these four principles will not work effectively.
"3 Keys to make it your destiny"
"3 Keys to make it your destiny"
Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”
God has a special and a specific purpose for your life. He wants to take you somewhere beyond your dreams and use you to fulfill the very purpose you were born. Our purpose in life is to bring God the most maximum glory and to expand His heavenly kingdom. He needs you and He has plans that will help you to fulfill your purpose. Everyone has a destiny, but unfortunately everyone will not make it there. I have found my purpose in life, and I would love to help you reach yours. There is nothing on earth that will compare to living for God and fulfilling your purpose. Once you are walking in your purpose, you will notice that nothing else in life matters. So how can you get to your future and fulfill your purpose? There are many lessons to learn and of course many ways to get there. But I want to give you three critical keys that will help you make it to your destiny that God has assigned to you.
1. You need a clear word from God.
- Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye".
God promises in His word that He will do three things; instruct, teach, and guide you. God will instruct you, which means that He will give you a command. He will tell you specifically what He wants you to do. He will teach you, which means He will point out and place you where He wants you to be. He will not hide nothing from you, He will always point you in the right direction. He also will guide you, which means that along the way He will advise you and speak directly towards you the entire time. He will be consulting with you, making sure that you stay on the correct path. He promises to guide you with His eye upon you! Which is a great thing because trouble will come, and Gods eyes will never depart from you! He will always be there with you!
2. You need a Plan. A Divine strategy.
- Proverbs 16:9 "A mans heart plans His way, but the LORD directs His steps.”
To make it to your future, you need a plan. The word plan in this scripture means “to think or consider”. Your thoughts must be centered around the purpose that God gave you.
You also need to consider everything that you possibly can to help you make it your destiny. Write down everything God tells you. Use every resource that God gives you. Establish a good schedule that will allow you to focus on all your assignments. The good news is that God himself will direct your steps along the way, so if you fall off, God will help you get back up and get you back on the right track. Ask yourself questions. Ex: Do I know where I’m going? Am I using all the resources that God gave me in a proper way? Resources would include books, a computer, people, friends, money, and your phone. God will give you everything you need to help you. You must make sure that your thoughts and actions lead you to execute your plan.
3. You must redeem the time.
- Ephesians 5:15-16 “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil”.
I believe and know that this the most critical keys of them all! Time is everything and you don’t have time to waste. It will take you longer to reach your destiny if you do not redeem the time. To redeem in this scripture means “to buy or to own”. That means you must take advantage of the time that God gives you. To redeem the time means that you must watch who you hang out with. Hanging out with the wrong people will take you off the page that God will put you on. Ungodly people will try to come into your life and have you going places and doing things that are opposite of Gods will. When you get connected to evil practices and connect with people who does not know they purpose, you will fall off track big time. Ask yourself a question, "is the people that im hanging out with taking me to my destiny"? You must walk circumspectly, which means to walk in diligence and accuracy, applying everything that God told you to do with persistence. Don’t waste time and don’t walk in darkness. God can’t take you to your future while you stay in the dark. However, if you do fall off or make bad mistakes, God is merciful and compassionate and will help you get right back on track. He is a God of another chance!
Fulfilling your purpose is life changing. Nothing can compare with fulfilling the very thing that God has called you to do! If God purposed it, He will bring it to pass! Just trust in Him, get a clear word from Him, establish a plan, and redeem the time. Be encouraged!
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths”.
“Discerning the voice of God Vs. the voice of the Devil”
“Discerning the voice of God Vs. the voice of the Devil”
God desires His children to grow spiritually and to make decisions that are in His will. The devil, “the thief”, comes to steal, kill, and destroy! Many of us Christians are struggling in our walk with God because we haven’t got to a place where we could discern what’s right and what’s wrong. When we are in that position, it is difficult for God to speak to us and to push us forward. He can’t push us forward if we keep falling in the same traps that the devil wants us to fall into. The reason we fall into various traps of the enemy is because we keep hearing his voice louder than Gods! God desires to speak to us, He wants to direct our steps and help us make critical decisions in our lives. God speaks in so many different ways. You need Gods voice, trust me!!! So how do we discern when God is talking and when the Devil is talking?
Hebrews 5:12-13 "For solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to DISCERN both good and evil"
1. Colossians 3:15 - Gods voice rules by peace. Not stress, or tension but peace eternally. Eternal calmness. When God speaks, you will feel a sense of security, you will just know deep down inside that God said it. When God speaks to you, you wouldn’t have any trouble in your spirit, His peace will keep you at ease.
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 - When God speaks, there is no fear associated with it. He doesn't use fear to motivate you. Gods voice encourages you in love. Run in the direction of your fears. The devil will try to cause you to run away from something, when that's where you need to be running to.
Ex: Jobs, careers, organizations, ministries, books, etc. When fear shows up, its not Gods voice!
3. Isaiah 28:16, 52:12 - When God speaks, He's not governed by quick deadlines. Whenever you have to make a quick decision about an important decision in life, that's not God. The devil wants us to rush and make quick decisions, and when we make those decisions, we end up stumbling. God wants us to pray and wait for His answer when it comes to our decision making. He does not want us making quick decisions without seriously seeking Him first! That’s why so many lives are being destroyed! Do not move hastily. God is not governed by time, He never rushes you to make crucial decisions. That’s not His voice.
Ex: If God told you that someone was going to be your future spouse, He wouldnt expect you to rush and hurry up and marry the person right away. He will tell you first, prepare you for your spouse, then tell you when to go forward with marriage.
4. Philippians 4:8 - When God speaks, He speaks good, excellent, noble, and praiseworthy things! When God speaks as though He's going to judge us, He speaks to us in a positive way! If its not positive or of a good report, that voice didn’t come from God! Be careful of people who always bring bad reports. If it’s a voice talking to you saying things like “God is mad at you, or “God is going to send you to hell for that” that’s not His voice! He will always speak judgment towards sin in a good way, which will allow you to get it right before His judgment or chastisement comes.
5. 2 Timothy 3:15-17 - When God speaks it will always be in whole harmony with His Word. He will never tell you to do something that would violate another scripture! God wouldn’t contradict His Word. If a voice tells you to disregard a scripture and apply another one, that’s not God.
Ex: God will never tell you to work and to work only! He wants us to work and pay our tithes & offerings.
Discerning the Devils voice.
1. Genesis 3:1-5 – When the devil speaks, he challenges Gods declared truths & boundaries. The devil will make us feel as though Gods Word is not valid.
Ex: Did God really say you can't smoke, drink, or have sex before marriage?" The devil challenges Gods boundaries! God has boundaries, and they are to protect us! It's up to you to know what God said and have the confidence to come against anything that opposes it.
2. Matthew 16:21-23 – The devils voice seeks to pull us away from Gods purpose and plan for our lives. The devil will introduce people in our life, situations, jobs, etc. to get you off the path God has for you. Also, be careful of somebody coming to give you a word. The devil uses people just like he tried to use Peter to stop Jesus! Satan will send all kinds of false prophets and people to get you off track.
Ex: My calling is to preach. I know that in the future I will have a pastoral position. God is preparing me for it now. On the other hand, a false prophet would come and tell me that God wants me to have a church now. If I was to obey that voice, there is no telling where I would end up.
3. Luke 4:1-3 – When the devil speaks, he speaks to us when we are physically weak or spiritually weak. Satan will have us to respond to situations based off how we feel instead of what's right. Never make a life altering decision when you are physically or spiritually weak. He knows where our spiritual weakness is at, so He will speak to us and have us make choices that are against Gods word. That's why it's important to know the Word!
Ex: When I was sick the other day, temptation was all around! I was sick and not in my right mind, so the devil sent all kinds of tricks my way. I Thank God that through prayer and worship I was able to combat his schemes!
4. Luke 4:5-7 – When the devil speaks, he wants you to appease and gratify your flesh. The greatest temptations come when the devil speaks to your flesh! He knows what you like! But it’s our flesh that gets us into trouble. Our flesh craves things that are not good for us. As soon as we start pleasing our flesh, consequences come! The devil wants us to engage in activities that will draw our hearts away from God, and closer to him. The devil is after our flesh, but through the power and grace of God, we are able to overcome the temptations that the devil sends our way.
5. Rev 12:10 - When the devil speaks, he accuses. He tries to get us to believe in something that's not true. He will put things into our mind about people, and he wants us to accuse people of things that cannot be proven. The devil is an accuser of the brethren, rebuke that voice! Another thing he does is accuses us of being a failure and helpless, but the truth is that God Loves you no matter how wretched we are!
Ex: The devil will tell you that somebody does not like you. Its up to you to ignore that voice or feed into it. If you feed into it, you could be wrong and cause division between you and someone else. If you haven’t investigated first, don’t accuse no one of anything. His goal is to separate the brethren! When we are all on the same page in our walk, fellowshipping together, loving one another, and worshipping together, we reap havoc on the devil’s kingdom! We win!
God is constantly speaking to us. There are two voices talking to us every day, Gods and Satan’s. Satan’s voice is meant to destroy us, get us off the right path, and out of Gods Will. If we are not careful, the devils voice can and will bring destruction to our lives. My prayer for the saints, is that we train ourselves to discern when God speaks and when the devil speaks. Learning Gods voice is vital to our walk with God. Rebuke and fight the devils voice using the truth of Gods word and learn to go after Gods voice. God Bless
15 Reasons to read the bible daily
15 Reasons to read the bible daily
1. To be rid of anxiety and have peace - Psalm 119:65
2. To set your life in Control
- Psalm 19:7-8
3. To have direction and know Gods Will - Psalm 119:105
4. To experience Healing & deliverance - Psalm 107:20
5. To grow in the Lord - 1 Peter 2:2
6. To have strength, comfort, & Hope
- Psalm 119:28, 50, 114
7. To shape yourself & your life completely - Psalm 119:11
8. To be able to see clearly
- Psalm 119:130
9. To Know what's really in your Heart - Hebrews 4:12
10. To build Faith - Romans 10:17
11. To have joy - Psalm 16:11
12. To understand Gods Power
- John 1:3
13. To direct your steps day by day
- Psalm 119:133
14. To distinguish good from evil
- Psalm 119:101-102
15. To understand Gods Love for you - 1 John 4:7-11, 16