“Discerning the voice of God Vs. the voice of the Devil”
“Discerning the voice of God Vs. the voice of the Devil”
God desires His children to grow spiritually and to make decisions that are in His will. The devil, “the thief”, comes to steal, kill, and destroy! Many of us Christians are struggling in our walk with God because we haven’t got to a place where we could discern what’s right and what’s wrong. When we are in that position, it is difficult for God to speak to us and to push us forward. He can’t push us forward if we keep falling in the same traps that the devil wants us to fall into. The reason we fall into various traps of the enemy is because we keep hearing his voice louder than Gods! God desires to speak to us, He wants to direct our steps and help us make critical decisions in our lives. God speaks in so many different ways. You need Gods voice, trust me!!! So how do we discern when God is talking and when the Devil is talking?
Hebrews 5:12-13 "For solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to DISCERN both good and evil"
1. Colossians 3:15 - Gods voice rules by peace. Not stress, or tension but peace eternally. Eternal calmness. When God speaks, you will feel a sense of security, you will just know deep down inside that God said it. When God speaks to you, you wouldn’t have any trouble in your spirit, His peace will keep you at ease.
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 - When God speaks, there is no fear associated with it. He doesn't use fear to motivate you. Gods voice encourages you in love. Run in the direction of your fears. The devil will try to cause you to run away from something, when that's where you need to be running to.
Ex: Jobs, careers, organizations, ministries, books, etc. When fear shows up, its not Gods voice!
3. Isaiah 28:16, 52:12 - When God speaks, He's not governed by quick deadlines. Whenever you have to make a quick decision about an important decision in life, that's not God. The devil wants us to rush and make quick decisions, and when we make those decisions, we end up stumbling. God wants us to pray and wait for His answer when it comes to our decision making. He does not want us making quick decisions without seriously seeking Him first! That’s why so many lives are being destroyed! Do not move hastily. God is not governed by time, He never rushes you to make crucial decisions. That’s not His voice.
Ex: If God told you that someone was going to be your future spouse, He wouldnt expect you to rush and hurry up and marry the person right away. He will tell you first, prepare you for your spouse, then tell you when to go forward with marriage.
4. Philippians 4:8 - When God speaks, He speaks good, excellent, noble, and praiseworthy things! When God speaks as though He's going to judge us, He speaks to us in a positive way! If its not positive or of a good report, that voice didn’t come from God! Be careful of people who always bring bad reports. If it’s a voice talking to you saying things like “God is mad at you, or “God is going to send you to hell for that” that’s not His voice! He will always speak judgment towards sin in a good way, which will allow you to get it right before His judgment or chastisement comes.
5. 2 Timothy 3:15-17 - When God speaks it will always be in whole harmony with His Word. He will never tell you to do something that would violate another scripture! God wouldn’t contradict His Word. If a voice tells you to disregard a scripture and apply another one, that’s not God.
Ex: God will never tell you to work and to work only! He wants us to work and pay our tithes & offerings.
Discerning the Devils voice.
1. Genesis 3:1-5 – When the devil speaks, he challenges Gods declared truths & boundaries. The devil will make us feel as though Gods Word is not valid.
Ex: Did God really say you can't smoke, drink, or have sex before marriage?" The devil challenges Gods boundaries! God has boundaries, and they are to protect us! It's up to you to know what God said and have the confidence to come against anything that opposes it.
2. Matthew 16:21-23 – The devils voice seeks to pull us away from Gods purpose and plan for our lives. The devil will introduce people in our life, situations, jobs, etc. to get you off the path God has for you. Also, be careful of somebody coming to give you a word. The devil uses people just like he tried to use Peter to stop Jesus! Satan will send all kinds of false prophets and people to get you off track.
Ex: My calling is to preach. I know that in the future I will have a pastoral position. God is preparing me for it now. On the other hand, a false prophet would come and tell me that God wants me to have a church now. If I was to obey that voice, there is no telling where I would end up.
3. Luke 4:1-3 – When the devil speaks, he speaks to us when we are physically weak or spiritually weak. Satan will have us to respond to situations based off how we feel instead of what's right. Never make a life altering decision when you are physically or spiritually weak. He knows where our spiritual weakness is at, so He will speak to us and have us make choices that are against Gods word. That's why it's important to know the Word!
Ex: When I was sick the other day, temptation was all around! I was sick and not in my right mind, so the devil sent all kinds of tricks my way. I Thank God that through prayer and worship I was able to combat his schemes!
4. Luke 4:5-7 – When the devil speaks, he wants you to appease and gratify your flesh. The greatest temptations come when the devil speaks to your flesh! He knows what you like! But it’s our flesh that gets us into trouble. Our flesh craves things that are not good for us. As soon as we start pleasing our flesh, consequences come! The devil wants us to engage in activities that will draw our hearts away from God, and closer to him. The devil is after our flesh, but through the power and grace of God, we are able to overcome the temptations that the devil sends our way.
5. Rev 12:10 - When the devil speaks, he accuses. He tries to get us to believe in something that's not true. He will put things into our mind about people, and he wants us to accuse people of things that cannot be proven. The devil is an accuser of the brethren, rebuke that voice! Another thing he does is accuses us of being a failure and helpless, but the truth is that God Loves you no matter how wretched we are!
Ex: The devil will tell you that somebody does not like you. Its up to you to ignore that voice or feed into it. If you feed into it, you could be wrong and cause division between you and someone else. If you haven’t investigated first, don’t accuse no one of anything. His goal is to separate the brethren! When we are all on the same page in our walk, fellowshipping together, loving one another, and worshipping together, we reap havoc on the devil’s kingdom! We win!
God is constantly speaking to us. There are two voices talking to us every day, Gods and Satan’s. Satan’s voice is meant to destroy us, get us off the right path, and out of Gods Will. If we are not careful, the devils voice can and will bring destruction to our lives. My prayer for the saints, is that we train ourselves to discern when God speaks and when the devil speaks. Learning Gods voice is vital to our walk with God. Rebuke and fight the devils voice using the truth of Gods word and learn to go after Gods voice. God Bless
"The Importance and benefits of seeking God, part 2"
"The Importance and benefits of seeking God, part 2"
Seeking God may be one of the hardest things to do for most christians. Especially living in this technological and busy world where there are so many distractions. We can get to a place where we dont seek God for a couple of reasons; 1. We are afraid of getting answers from God that we do not want to receive. 2. We dont believe that God can make it happen. 3. We want to make decisions based off how we feel. These three are the top three for me. I've been at places in my walk with God where I made decisions without seeking Him first, and I payed for it! God knows best, He knows what you need, He created & formed you, and He is in control. Seeking God can be frustrating as well because God doesnt move on our time frame. It could take days, weeks, months, or years to hear from God about a situation your facing or about something you are hoping for, but the best thing to do is patiently wait upon Him. If you have not received the answer to your prayer yet, its okay, God still heard you, and He is definitely working on your situation.
Hebrews 11:6-7 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must first believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
Seeking God requires faith. Faith is what causes God to move faster on your situation. You cannot expect God to bless you or work a miracle in your life without believing that He can do it. You have to come to Him knowing that He is jehovah jireh(the God that provides), you have to believe that He is in fact Elohim(God), that He is all-powerful, all-knowing, and can do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. You have to believe that He is a God that hears and answers prayers. Again, throughout our walk with Christ we will struggle with that because sometimes God doesnt show up in our time frame and sometimes it doesnt seem as though He is there nor listening, but He is. God knows exactly when to bring the blessing in our lives. He knows exactly what He is doing, trust me. Its hard seeking Him and waiting on Him, but its worth it, and it saves us the drama, and the wasted time of making choices that are not good. Hebrews says that He is a rewarder of those that DILIGENTLY SEEK Him! He rewards and blesses those who seek Him no matter what situation they're in. To seek Him diligently means that you seek Him with care, with passion, faithfully, and persistently. You continue to seek Him even though you might be mad, frustrated, concerned, confused, and stressed. You continue to seek Him and not give up! You might not have the answer yet and God could be taking a long time, but you still seek Him. Ive learned that when you are diligently seeking Him, it draws you closer to Him on a more intimate level! You get to experience Gods glory and His ways, which leads me to my next scriptures...
Isaiah 55:6 "Seek the LORD while He may be found"
This scripture encourages me so much! It allows us to know that we serve a God who is able to be found. When you need Him, He is right there, always. The Lord is always able to be found. Now sometimes when we are in trouble and need help, no one, including family, friends, and etc will be there. Ive been at places in my life where I needed help and the only person that I could rely on is God! He will always be there and He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. God is able to be found when no one else is, Hallelujah! The number one reason for a non-believer to seek Him, is because if you dont find Him now, you will reap 1 or 2 consequences; eternal condemnation(hell), or His wrath that He is coming back to pour out on all unbelievers and the self-righteous ones. Seek God now people, for salvation and for direction in our lives.
Isaiah 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts"
The most important reason to seek God about everything in our lives is because His ways and thoughts are not like ours at all!! You could be thinking one way about a situation, but God on the other hand could be thinking totally opposite of what you are thinking. Ex: you could be thinking that the job you applied for is the job that He wants you to have, but He is thinking about another job, that more than likely pays more and has better benefits for you. Plus our thinking can be a little off sometimes. We think according to what we think is right instead of what God is thinking about. Our carnal thoughts is what gets us in trouble majority of the time. Before you make a decision, you have to think about it first, then make it. Before we make a decision, God wants us to capture the thought first. He wants us to analyze and think about the decision we are about to make. Most of our drama in life comes from not critically thinking about the decision that we are about to make. What ive discovered during my walk with God, is that you dont neccessarily have to pray about some things! The more you get to know Christ, and the more you read your Word, some things will just be common sense. Im learning to seriously think more spiritually and righteously before I make decisions. One bad decision can cause you to suffer major consequences, sometimes severe! He also says that His ways are not our ways. God has a complete different way of doing things then we do. When you get to know Gods ways, you are in a good place. Most people do not know Gods ways and they are not even trying to find out, which could be dangerous! Ex: God says "Love your enemies", we on the other hand might think that sounds foolish, but when we do what He said, we realize that He had a plan behind it. God knows exactly what He is doing saints. Trust in His faithfulness and make it a consistent thing to seek Him. Im witnessing many lives being destroyed, because people think that they could still make crucial decisions without seeking Him, especially things like marriage. Picking the wrong spouse to be with can be dangerous, and sometimes deadly. The devil doesnt want us to seek God, and he wants us to be decieved. God has a plan and many blessings in-store for our lives, but until we seek Him, we would never experience His plan nor the blessings! SEEK HIM SAINTS! SEEK HIM!
Psalm 105:4 "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!"
"The importance and benefits of seeking God, Part 1"
"The importance and benefits of seeking God, Part 1"
Seeking God is by far one of the top priorities for christians. If you are not seeking after God, that is a problem. Now there is a difference between seeking God and prayer. Prayer in its simplest form is direct communication between you and God. When you are praying, you are talking to God and He is talking back to you. Also when you pray, it can just be you asking God for something, like protection over you and your family, healing, blessings, and through prayer you can thank God for all that He has done. But seeking God is more serious, intimate, and powerful. When you are "seeking God", you are in hot pursuit of Him! You are chasing after God and asking Him for direction in every area of your life. You are constantly in His word, constantly in prayer, consistently at church, and do not make decisions until He speaks to you and respond with an answer. When you are seeking God, your're not just thinking about yourself and your wants. You are putting yourself in a posture to hear directly from Him and to see what His perspective is towards whatever you need. God desires that we seek Him!
Psalm 53:2 "God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God. Everyone of them has turned aside; They have become corrupt; there is none who does good, No, not one.
God says, we all come to earth seeking after what we think is right and how we can survive. Our understanding is alienated. God says we have ALL turned aside, have become corrupt, and not one of us do good in His sight. The reason behind that is because we are all born into sin(rebellion against God) and our minds get deceived by the devil. We chase after fortune, fame, and popularity trying to succeed and trying to be important. Even people who are not chasing after fortune, fame, and popularity dont seek God. We also do what we think is right in our own eyes! Most people think that they are so smart and that seriously seeking God about important decisions is worthless; but there is danger in that mentality. When we seek after our own lives, our lives become corrupt. We end up in situations that we regret, we make poor decisions, we hang around the wrong kinds of people, we die, and we fail. All because we dont know that there is a God in heaven who has all the answers for our problems and decision-making. God knows best because He created you. He knows what you need! So whats the remedy?
Jeremiah 29:13: "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
Pain, confusion, worry, and drama will cause you to seek after God! The israelites were in captivity, bound because of their sins and not walking in the ways of God. Now God eventually delivered them and freed them, but there was a condition. Repentance and seeking Him with their whole heart. Im a living witness that can testify to the fact that i was bound by so many things. Drugs, pornography, homosexuality, lust, and depression. I felt empty, I didnt know where to turn, where to look, nor who to talk to. I've been at a place in my life where I wanted to kill myself and give it all up. I believed that all the decisions I was making were wrong. But one day something hit me deep down inside my soul. I just knew in my heart that there was something greater for me. I just knew that there had to be a way out. I wholeheartedly felt it in my soul that there was a God that expected greater from me, and I cried out to Him. I wasnt sure if I was praying to the right God, but I went into my closet one day and asked God to reveal Himself to me and to show me if the lifestyle that i was living was wrong; and He did! He sent a christian woman my way a couple days later, and she gave me the word of life! I went to church with her, and on that same day I found the true and living God of the bible. I repented and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, Our God, risen Lord, and soon coming King. But it started with me seeking Him, asking questions, crying out to Him, and searching for Him! He manifested Himself strong on my behalf and I have not been the same young man since. Ive been delivered from the power of homosexuality, depression, lust, pornography, and drugs. Glory be to God!
Seeking God is vital and there are benefits to seeking Him! Be encouraged, SEEK HIM!!
1 Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the Lord in His strength; Seek His face forever more."
"Passing down your faith"
"Passing down your faith"
The Most Valuable Possession believers can leave to family and friends is Faith in Jesus Christ. While everyone must choose to trust in the Savior of this World for him – or herself, Christians can and should share key biblical truths with Loved Ones. These essentials of the faith should not be kept to ourselves:
Salvation is Found only in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).
From an early age children Should be taught that the most important relationship they will ever have is with the Lord. Believing in Him and obeying Him is Vital!
Everything that exists Was Created by the Lord, And He Owns it All (Ps.24:1)
Were managers of our resources, not owners. As stewards, we are to invest in Gods Kingdom and not just spend on personal pleasures. His priorities are to become our own.
God has a Purpose for each of US, and discovering it is very Important (Eph.2:10). We can look for opportunities to share what we are learning about Gods plan for our life. In the Process, our Loved ones might become curious about what His Purpose is for them.
God will provide Whatever we need to carry out His Plan (Eph.4:11-13)
Our Heavenly Father gives us talents and spiritual gifts to achieve His purposes and plans. He has promised that we will have what is necessary for us to live a life that’s pleasing to Him. Why wait to start sharing your faith? Each day offers new opportunities to speak of Our Savior. Think about the people to whom you could pass along this precious possession.
15 Reasons to read the bible daily
15 Reasons to read the bible daily
1. To be rid of anxiety and have peace - Psalm 119:65
2. To set your life in Control
- Psalm 19:7-8
3. To have direction and know Gods Will - Psalm 119:105
4. To experience Healing & deliverance - Psalm 107:20
5. To grow in the Lord - 1 Peter 2:2
6. To have strength, comfort, & Hope
- Psalm 119:28, 50, 114
7. To shape yourself & your life completely - Psalm 119:11
8. To be able to see clearly
- Psalm 119:130
9. To Know what's really in your Heart - Hebrews 4:12
10. To build Faith - Romans 10:17
11. To have joy - Psalm 16:11
12. To understand Gods Power
- John 1:3
13. To direct your steps day by day
- Psalm 119:133
14. To distinguish good from evil
- Psalm 119:101-102
15. To understand Gods Love for you - 1 John 4:7-11, 16
"Do Not Worry"
"Do Not Worry"
Matthew 6:33-34 "But seek First the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tommorrow, for tommorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
What are you worried about tonight ? Is there anything stressing you out ? Is there anything thats causing you not to get any sleep at night ? Many people are stressing, in distress, in agony, worrying, hopeless, and without courage because they are facing alot of problems and situations right now that they cannot control. God never said that life was going to be easy and He definitely didnt say that we would be without problems. The good news is that God already knows what we stand in the need of. He knows everything that you need, from shelter, to food, to clothes, employment, and many more. The God that we serve does not want us to worry about anything! But brother Teron, im only human i cant help it! I know you cant, and thats why God has provided us with His Holy Bible, so that it can speak to every aspect of our lives! Why Shouldnt we worry ? Here are two main reasons why we shouldnt worry, there is many more, but here are two good reasons!
1. We shouldnt worry because God is Sovereign and He has everything under control! If you have accepted Jesus as your personal Lord & Savior, God has adopted you into His everlasting Kingdom that rules over All!! Psalm 103:19 " The LORD has established His throne in heaven, And His kingdom rules over ALL"! God has full control over everything in your life! He is all-powerful and able to do whatever you need Him to do! Jesus said that our kingdom is not of this world, in this world is chaos, but not in His Kingdom! He has full control over everything in your life, your finances, health, marriage, relationships, children, and your ministry. Rest in the fact that God has everything under control.
2. We shouldnt worry because God has promised to supply all of our needs ! Philippians 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." We serve a mighty God who does not lie. If His word says it, He means it, and He fulfills His promises. God will make sure that you have everything that you need to survive in this lifetime. He takes care of His children. He doesnt give us everything that we want because He's holy, and He knows exactly what we dont need. So if you have been praying about something and it hasnt shown up, that could be His way of saying that He loves you and you do not need it, for your own good. He knows all things!
Gods Kingdom is eternal, and His dominion is everlasting. If you are in the Kingdom, God wants you to seek after it. He wants to use you to expand His Kingdom. If you are seeking how you can please God and building His Kingdom, if you are spreading the news of the Gospel of the kingdom, God will make sure that He takes care of whatever you stand in the need of! If you are seeking His righteousness, which means His way of doing things, do not worry, God got your back! But brother Teron, how can i put all my trust in this? How can i put this into action? Good question. You put it all into action by walking in Faith! 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight." I know its hard to understand something that you cannot see, but what captures the heart of God is our Faith!
Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." God honors our faith, continue to seek Him, trust in Him and He will definitely reward you, and bless you with everything that you stand in the need of! Trust in the living God to meet your needs, to fight your battles, and to take away the problems that you are dealing with.
Go to bed tonight with the assurance and confidence that God has everything under control! He sees you, and He hears you, DO NOT WORRY! Goodnight and may the Good Lord Bless you :)
Proverbs 12:25 "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad"
As we go through life, we as humans are all going to go through some type of stage of depression. Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. It causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. One of the main causes of depression stimulates from anxiety. Your're afraid of something. Your thoughts are consumed. The devil specializes in attacking the mind! He wants you to be afraid and he wants you to think negative! More than likely, you are fearful about one of these three things :
1. Your past - A concern that we all have to face. We all have done some things in the past that probably was not the best thing to do. We all have made some bad choices and decisions that we regret. When we make these bad decisions, instead of moving on from them, we allow the devil to bring back up those decisions and we start feeling guilty, ashamed, and wrong. I've had times where i've made bad decisions and I couldnt sleep at night. The bad decisions haunted me and the devil kept bringing them up in my face! Sometimes I couldnt even go throughout my week peacefully without thinking about the poor choices I had made. But what helped me get over my past and the bad decisions I had made was to remember what God told me. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all of our sins and all unrighteousness(1 John 1:9)! God is not concerned about your past, He is concerned with you not moving forward from it! He wants us to dust ourselves off, get back up, and not make the same mistakes again! Dont listen to the voice of the devil! God forgives you ! Move forward!
2. Your Present - Not understanding whats going on in our life at the present moment can be fearful and can cause depression. We all go through health issues, financial struggles, bad relationships, marriage issues, children issues, and more. But God allows the troubles that we are facing to challenge us, to strenghten us, to complete us, and to form us into the image of Christ. Whatever trial you may be going through in life right now remember this, God allowed it come! Why? He allowed it come into your life because He already knows that He has put enough inside of us to handle whatever it is that we are facing! He never allows more than what we can bear to come into our domain. He promised to be with us and not to leave us nor forsake us. He promised to meet all of our needs according to His riches in glory, He promised to shield us and to protect us from the enemy, He promised us that He can heal all of our sicknesses and diseases and He promised us that the trials and the tribulations will not last for long! So lift your head up, stop overthinking, allow the trials to strenghten you, to mature you, and to prepare you for whatever it is that God is preparing you for. Everything is going to be alright! It looks bad now, but give it time, and your good season is coming! Nothing on earth lasts forever! Lay down at night with peace, knowing that God has everything under control!
3. Your future - Not knowing whats going to happen in our future can cause anxiety which leads to depression as well. The devil will make us feel confused about our future, he will whisper things in our ear that would discourage us not to move forward. He sees and he knows that God has a bright future ahead of you, and he will do whatever he can to stop you from reaching your destiny! Your past and your present is preparing you for your future! Everything that God allowed you to go through, what you are currently going through and all the people that He has placed in your life, happened and is happening to prepare you for your future! Your destination is already determined by God(Eph 1:11). He knows exactly where He is taking you and by the time you get there, you will thank God that He allowed you to go through whatever you went through! Dont stress about your future. Take one day, one month, and one year at a time. Learn in the different seasons that comes your way. Have in your mind that God is in control of your future and keep in mind that you will get there regardless of what happens!
We all have to face depression at some point in our lives. When anxiety enters into our heart, fear enters in! When the scriptures uses the word heart, in the hebrew it means"the mind". You begin to think negative. Negative thoughts flow through our mind when anxiety comes and we easily forget what the Word of God says! Anxiety stimulates from fear and fear does not come from God at all (2 Tim 1:7)! When anxiety enters my heart, the Word of God cures it and helps me overcome it! Always surround yourself around good preaching of the Word, stay connected to the body of Christ, stay connected to your local church, and make sure that you listen to Gods Word before you listen to the negative thoughts that will come your way! Tell depression to get out of here!
Victory over the World through Faith
Victory over the World through Faith
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:4-5)
The enemy of our souls would love to devour our lives. "Your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8). We can enjoy protection from the devil through faith. "Resist him, steadfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:9). When the enemy cannot devastate us by direct attack, he still desires to pull us down into defeat, using the pitfalls and temptations available to him through the entire world system. "The whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19). All of the unredeemed, as well as all of their cultural networks, are under the influence of the evil one. Nevertheless, for the redeemed, victory over the world through faith is available daily.
The only people who can ever walk in victory over the world are born again believers in Jesus Christ. "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world." We desperately need the overcoming grace of God, because of the earthly enticements that the devil can use against us. "For all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world" (1 John 2:16). Through the world around us, our spiritual foe wants to draw us into ungodly areas that our flesh craves, our eyes covet, or our pride wants to feast upon. The path of victory is traveled by faith. "And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith." We initially entered into the victory of Christ by placing our faith in Him. "Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" We continue to experience all the manifold ramifications of that victory through day by day dependence upon the Lord.
Jesus taught these truths when He was here upon earth. "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). It is absolutely certain that the world will bring to us all many troubles and trials. Our fully sufficient hope is the Lord Jesus Christ. The world came against Jesus with all of its plots and ploys. Our Lord and Savior never succumbed at any point. He is the one we are to rely upon, in order to walk in victory ourselves. "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4). Trusting in the victor allows us to walk in His victory.
Lord Jesus, the world has surely brought me many difficulties and temptations. Yet, You are the overcoming victor, so I look to You for personal victory day by day. How blessed I am to have living in me the One who is far greater than the enemy who roams about in the world, Amen.